Saturday my good friend Jessica became Mrs. Jessica Quan. The ceremony was beautiful and the couple was beaming! I was the maid of honor and had a blast helping Jess with some of the planning and during the actual wedding.
I felt so important, walking down the aisle by myself, holding the bride's bouquet, and fixing her train during the ceremony ;) I also said a few words during the reception. I had it all typed out and had spent a considerable amount of time writing it. When it came time to stand on stage, with the microphone and say my speech, I was so nervous my hands were shaking! But as I got into it I felt calmer, and seeing Jessica's tears was all worth it (not that I made her cry, but that my words were special to her)
The wedding took place on the roof garden of the Sheraton in Universal City. It's actually all enclosed, so it's not really a garden, but you get an almost 360 degree view of the area from the floor to ceiling windows. It was awesome! The MC did a great job at getting people to dance and it all went by too fast. Before I knew it, most of the guests had left, leaving the couple's closest friends on the dance floor :)
Being at the wedding got me thinking of my wedding. The vows we made to each other and the sacred promise of making the other person happy. Every morning I wake up next to Marco (well, sometimes Vinnie) and every night I go home to my hubby, and it's a beautiful feeling.
I love weddings, especially when I know the couple is truly happy and meant for each other. I'm such a sucker for this stuff!

No comments:
Post a Comment