Today for work I had a meeting at LA County-USC hospital. I had seen the big concrete building before driving on the freeway, but had never actually been there. I do remember seeing the front of the hospital in a movie, Blood in Blood Out. If anyone's ever seen this movie, there's a scene where one of the guy gets hurt and goes to the County Hospital. The whole family is walking down the long concrete steps. I thought of this scene as I walked up the steps and, contrary to what the movie shows, I saw no homeboys there. ;)
Anyways, I first had to find parking and this was no small feat. The visitor and patient parking was nowhere to be seen, but I did find a small parking lot and decided to take my chances. I found a spot all the way in the back, after checking for any signs that might indicate I could not park there. There weren't any.
So I'm walking through the lot, running a bit late, and this lady in a white car with a big Avon sticker on the side of the door starts yelling at me. "You need to move your car and give me your space!" I was speechless! Who did this lady think she was!!! I told her that there were other spots (I actually think I got the last one), and she kept insisting that I move my car because she worked here and had a right to park here. I moved around her car and continued to make my way through the lot.
I'm almost to the street when she comes around again, yelling that I move my car. She threatened that the parking attendant would give me a ticket. I again told her I was not going to move my car and ignored her insane request.
I was so pissed that this lady thought she could intimidate me and make me give up my spot. I knew for a fact she had not seen me get out of my car, so she had no idea if I had a right to park there or not. Later, Marco said some people have this crazy sense of privilege and this woman thought I owed her the parking spot. It just amazes me that people can be so rude and willing to walk all over others. I was proud of myself for standing my ground and not letting this crazy woman get away with her demands. I'm a goody-two-shoes and don't like getting in trouble. But this lady was just too much, even for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment