
Christmas 1995. My mom bought me one of my first cds, No Doubt’s Tragic Kingdom and my brother got the latest cd from the Beastie Boys. She also bought us a cd player to share, one of those all-in-one stereos with cd, radio, and cassette. From what I remember, we were so excited to finally have our own cd player, we felt like such teenagers.
I loved listening to "Don't Speak" and feeling the anguish of lost love, and "I'm Just a Girl" was the girl power anthem with a sarcastic tone I could relate to. They combine the music, from ska to pop to rock, with read out of my diary lyrics that I love!
No Doubt is, undoubtedly, one of my most favorite groups. :)
No Doubt is, undoubtedly, one of my most favorite groups. :)
13 years later, I’m still a big fan and have even followed the lead singer, Gwen Stefani, as she has branched out on her own. Although I have not loved all of her songs, I remain loyal to the group. So you can imagine my excitement when I heard the band was getting back together for a new cd. And, if that were not enough, I just found out they’re touring in 2009! I have never seen them live and I’m not going to miss it this time!

No comments:
Post a Comment