I read an article on Yahoo today about things that happy couples do. According to the article, happy couples:
1. Talk to each other
2. Flirt
3. Get stupid together
4. Declare your independence
5. Share a spiritual moment.
It got me thinking of the things Marco and I do to stay a happy couple.
Considering the Yahoo article, I think most of them are really true. Marco and I definitely talk to each other. Sometimes with school and work we’re away from each other the whole day, so we always make an effort to talk in the evening. We take Vinnie to the coffee shop and sit outside, just catching up on our day. Or before going to sleep, we’ll spend time talking in bed, recounting the day’s events. I would say talking was important when we were dating, and it’s something we’ve kept up as we head into our 5th year of marriage.
Can you believe it’s going to be 5 years in May?!? So I must know what I’m talking about ;)
Anyways, back to the article, I think flirting is also really important. Maybe not flirting per se, but I think saying I love you and sharing affection at least once a day is key. Even if it’s just holding your partner’s hand when you walk, or telling them how nice they look today, keeps the spark alive, like when you first started dating.
And for Marco and me, laughing is a big deal. Having a good time, telling silly stories, and always joking around is something I love about our relationship. Of course there are many more things that go into a happy couple, but just my two cents on some of the things that work for us. What works for you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hmm.... I would agree with the article that those things are important. Although Anthony and I are not married... yet.. we have been dating for almost four years (april it will be 4) so I would say we are doing something right too =) I agree that talking is important, acts of affection/flirting, definitely being silly,space to do our own thing but what I know what has also made our relationship stronger has been sharing our faith. Sharing those spiritual moments, faith, and working together has really been the foundation that has kepts us together, happy, and made us stronger as a couple especially through the various obstacles in the past year. Just thought I shared my two cents =) PS. CONGRATULATIONS ON FIVE YEARS!
Post a Comment