Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Another day in LaLa Land

It’s Spring Break! My main goal is to catch up on sleep. Surprisingly, it takes more than a couple of days to catch up on the sleep deprivation experienced from week 10 and finals. Aside from sleep, Marco and I are using this week to relax and have fun. So on Tuesday we went to have lunch at a café in Los Feliz and then visited the Griffith Observatory. We had a late, late breakfast at the Alcove Café. The place was really cute and the food was pretty good, but I wasn’t crazy about the seating arrangements. Most of the sitting is outside, which was perfect for the high 70 degree weather we were experiencing, but it felt really cramped. Most of the patrons were a “Hollywood” crowd, meaning everyone was pretentious, holding their scripts in one hand and cell phones in the other, trying to look cool. Not really my scene, but if you’re in LA, you’re going to run into these places.

After that we took in the amazing views at the observatory. You can see all of LA, downtown, the Hollywood hills, and even the Pacific Ocean. It was nice to see the city from up high. We also explored the inside the observatory, which was just remodeled about 3 years ago. It’s a cool place and reminded me of my childhood trips to the planetarium in SF. The observatory itself is an awesome building. If you all remember, it was the backdrop of Paula Abdul’s video Rush, Rush, the one with Keanu Reeves. Marco had You Tubed the video a few days ago, so while standing outside of the observatory, Paula Abdul’s song kept playing in my head! It was quite annoying after awhile, I couldn’t make it stop! Watch at your own risk!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbU1fKXxqvY



And this brings me to my other exciting star studded news! Exactly a week ago, Marco and I took Vinnie for a walk at the Grove. It was about 9pm and everything was closing down so we were heading to the parking lot when this petite woman dressed in black stopped to pet Vinnie. She looked up at us for a moment to ask us Vinnie’s name and who else was it but Paula Abdul! My eyes got wide and I looked over at Marco, who just winked at me to tell me “yes, it’s who you think it is” but kept his cool and acted casual. Here was Paula Abdul, petting Vinnie and giving him kisses, and there I was, a little shocked, slightly speechless, and without a camera! Oh, I suck! Before I knew it, she was gone. So now I carry my camera with me all the time, you never know who you might run into (or who Vinnie might kiss)!

No comments: