It seems like every time around finals, Marco and I start contemplating our choice of returning to school. We envy the working professionals, having the whole weekends to themselves, enjoying the lazy Sundays. We try to imagine where we would be had we stayed in the Bay Area and continued to work. How much do you think we would be making by this time? Would we have a house of our own by now? What about babies, would we be ready for a new addition to the family? I’m sure we would be happy. As long as we’re together we always make the best of things. But I think there would be this little voice in the back of our heads whispering “what if?”
Marco is the type of person that needs to be at the top. He likes to be the shit. And I love that about him, his ambition. I think I’m also like that, although I sometimes need a little kick in the you know where to get me going. I have high goals for myself, but I get lazy and need motivation. That’s where Marco comes in. :)
At the end of our conversations, I always come to the conclusion that we’re in exactly the right place for us. Whatever comes out of grad school, we at least need to know that we tried it and gave it our best. I believe things happen for a reason and everything that needs to happen, does.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment