Friday, October 31, 2008

"hobbies"

If I had all the time in the world, I would take on many projects. I would learn to sew, take up painting, photography, and learn to play the guitar. But I don't have the time nor the money for all of my fantasy hobbies. So I'll take it step by step, one hobby at a time.

First, scrapbooking! Easy enough, right? Cut out some pictures, arrange colorful paper, add a few pretty stickers, and done! A scrapbook! This is so me, not too difficult, but still creative. I bought a scrapbook right after we got married, hoping to use our pictures and have lasting memories of that wonderful day. Four and a half years later, I still had the empty book. ;)

So in August, a bit after my best friend got married, we decided to start our wedding scrapbooks together. It's now the end of October, and I have a grand total of......drum role please.....3 pages! Pitiful, yes, I know. A lot has been going on, I got busy with work, school, and a million other things.

But hopefully this weekend Jessica and I will meet up again for a scrapbooking date. We have different styles. Jessica is a perfectionist, matching every color, cutting every picture perfectly straight, and contemplating each piece. I, on the other hand, cut, snip, and paste as it comes to me. Here's a sample of what I have so far:





Not bad, eh? It's really fun, even relaxing. I hope to have this scrapbook done by the end of the year! And Marco better appreciate it!

No comments: